Members enjoy a wide range of benefits including a newsletter, invitations to private views, social functions, outings and an outstanding programme of monthly lectures.
Membership benefits include:
- A newsletter three times a year
- Previews of exhibitions
- A lively talks programme and outings to other museums, galleries and heritage sites
How do the Friends help?
- The Friends make grants to the museum to help acquire and conserve the collections and to support exciting public programmes. They support the Museum in securing grants from the Heritage Lottery Fund and other charitable foundations
- They help to promote the Museum and, with funding from the public sector becoming increasingly limited, their roll is increasingly vital to the future of the Museum.
- Some Friends may wish to join the museum’s volunteer team; welcoming the public and helping with events and care of collections
Annual Subscription Rates:
If you would like to join the Friends of The Museum of Somerset, you can print or download an application form here. Alternatively you can collect a copy from the Museum Reception Desk or write to the Membership Secretary (address below) enclosing a stamped addressed envelope. Please send your completed application to: The Membership Secretary, Friends of the Museum of Somerset, The Museum of Somerset, Taunton Castle, Castle Green, Taunton TA1 4AA or hand it in at the Museum Reception Desk.