UPDATED 15 July, 2019
Click on the Facebook icon above to visit the FotMoS Facebook page
The Friends of The Museum of Somerset
is a registered charity that brings together people who are passionate about Somerset’s past and future. If you love museums and care about Somerset’s rich heritage we want you to join us.
The Friends meet regularly throughout the year to enjoy illustrated talks, outings and social events as well as working on specific projects. Members receive a regular newsletter.
The Friends supported the redevelopment of the Museum, which opened in 2011 following a £6.93m redevelopment.
Our aims are to:
• further the education of the public by promotion, support, assistance and improvement of the Museum through the activities of a group of Friends
• encourage, promote and assist the formation and development of a group of Friends of the Museum
• further the charitable purposes of the Museum and encourage the development of the facilities which it affords
• engage in, support and co-ordinate research, publishing, education, advertising and other charitable work
• make the individual skills of its members available to the Museum and assist the staff with voluntary help
The Friends help the Museum in a number of ways, including helping with their collections, supporting and co-ordinating research, raising funds for special projects and improving access to the collections.